3/14/10

All of our plants

The kids and I really love watching our plants grow. Cacti and succulents are so inexpensive and hearty, it makes it hard to not buy a ton of them. Brennen and Makenna even talk to them like they are puppies or something. LOL!

So I wanted to take pictures of all of them so we can see how much they have grown in a few months.
This first bunch are the ones we bought when we first got here in August.  They have grown a lot!

This guy looked much happier a couple weeks ago.  I thought he'd like it outside, but obviously it was a little too chilly for him.  So he's back inside now.  (Ok, I talk about them like they are puppies too, lol)  I think this cactus has grown the most.  It used to have boobies, now it has arms. lol


This Aloe has grown a TON too.  The plants we got in august came in little 2" containers when we bought them.



Brennen picked this one out.




This one is Connor's.  It's spikey things have gotten much longer since we bought it in August.


Makenna picked this one.  She pulled a lot of the little things out when we first got it.  I stuck two of them in the flower bed yesterday.  Think they'll grow?

Ok, so that's it for the August plants.

This next set we got in December.  The fuzzy round one is growing cute little pink flowers!  As you can see, I plant our plants in anything that can hold dirt. lol


This one is just adorable.  See it growing that new little arm?


These two are the most boring.  They don't do much.

We just got these cuties last night.  They always have the cutest names.  From left to right- E.T.'s Fingers, Bear Paws, Pink Butterflies, Little Jewel.  Cute huh?????  Makes you want to buy them even more! lol



Here is the flower bed I planted yesterday.  I raked the rocks away and put down some soil.  There is a pink rose bush in the middle.  I also planted Painted Daisies, and Tall Phlox.  Obviously, you can't see anything yet. I need to find something to border it.  Brinks or something.



This is a hummingbird/butterfly mix freebie that I got with some veggie seeds I ordered.  Makenna planted these seeds.


This is another flower freebie.  I forget what it's called.  I got them with an Old Navy order, of all things.  The rocks are only in there because the kids like to throw rocks and some must've landed in there. lol

And veggies.  I planted these seeds like a month ago!  It's going to get really warm this week, so maybe they  will finally sprout.  Cucumbers, Zucchini, Bell Peppers, and 4 different tomatoes.

The Patio Princess Tomato is the only one that has sprouted.

No comments:

Post a Comment